With only 5.4% unemployed, there has been a dramatic turnaround in employment over the last year. So what does this actually mean for your business?
– Fewer people looking for work
– Potential salary increase to attract and retain workers
– People becoming more choosy about what, where and when they work
– Higher number of people requesting flexible working
However, according to a Channel 4 News article, The Prime Minister says:
“Everyone who wants to work can work”
So how do you find staff in a “full employment” economy? The key to sourcing scarce talent is to maximise the number of relevant jobseekers that see your vacancy, primarily through advertising across the range of online channels. There are so many different job boards out there from niche boards focused by sector, location or salary, as well as nationwide generic sites.
Apart from posting an advert, you then also have to consider:
– CV searching on the job board databases for relevant candidates
– Using social networks to contact harder to find passive candidates
– Time available to contact applicants to screen them to determine suitability
– Setting up a referral scheme from your current employees
– Sifting through all applications you get, scoring and sorting for interview
With fewer jobseekers looking for work, this whole process can be both timely and costly. Don’t be put off though, getting a new -starter for your company can be a rewarding process and worth the effort.
MaxAd has been established for over 4 years now,we’ve been through the good and the recession so we know how to recruit in all economic environments. If you need to recruit but aren’t sure how to start, or just don’t have the time, we can advise and help, so please contact me.
D: + 44 (0)1730 236950